Recognition of foreign professional qualifications in Switzerland

To perform certain jobs in Switzerland, you need to get your qualifications formally recognised, which means you need an official document confirming that the qualification you obtained abroad is equivalent to a corresponding qualification in Switzerland.

You will need this to carry out a regulated occupation, which, under federal or cantonal legislation, requires a specific qualification. This is particularly the case for jobs in healthcare, technical fields, legal professions, education, and security.
List of regulated professional activities in Switzerland

The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) is the national point of contact for matters relating to recognition of foreign qualifications in Switzerland.
Recognition of foreign professional qualifications